Join Center for Independent Futures in celebrating our favorite moments from 2017, our fifteenth anniversary year. We look forward to supporting more full lives and stronger communities in 2018!
Our Top 10 Moments
- We published our 2016 annual report to share stories of support, including Nestor’s full life, students planning for the future, and communities creating connections. Read the annual report here!
- Our annual SPARK gala was an evening of glamour under the stars. Staff member Rob Larson, participant Matthew LaChapelle, and community partner First Bank & Trust received Jane Doyle AWESOME! Awards. Check out the Facebook photo album here.
- Staff members traveled internationally to Canada to work with Community Living Essex County and across the country to train Club 21 in Pasadena, California. Click here to learn about our Full Life ProcessTM resources, being shared in Illinois and beyond.
- The Dream Team soared down Lake Shore Drive in Bike the Drive, raising funds for Center for Independent Futures while enjoying amazing views of the skyline and Lake Michigan. Read about the ride here.
- Life Tools Campers from Evanston Township High School explored their community and learned new skills. Find out where their week took them.
- Our young professional board welcomed new members, including a new board chair. Learn about the Auxiliary Board and how to get involved.
- Eight runners representing Team CIF took the 26.2 mile journey of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon, every step supporting the journeys individuals with disabilities take along the way to full, independent lives. Read more about race day here.
- Our community celebrated Halloween in style at our annual party. Check out the creative costumes in our Facebook photo album here!
- We celebrated community and local cuisine at our fourteenth annual Something’s Cooking. This fall classic was updated with a new venue, new restaurants and breweries, and live music. Read more here.
- Our community raised over $27,000 in 24 hours on #GivingTuesday, supporting individuals with disabilities and the friends, family members, and communities that they interact with every day. Learn about the success here.